Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dance Class....uh oh.

I finally gave in to Nathan's continuous requests to take the dance class after Kessa's. I hesitated for a long time because his main goal in taking part in the class was the prize of a piece of candy at the end....

Nathan: Mommy I want to take that dance class!!!!
Me: Why do you want to?
Nathan: Because I waaaaannnnnttttt toooooo
Me: Do you like dancing?
Nathan: No.
Me: Then why?
Nathan: Cause I want the candy!

Today was different though, he stated he wanted to take the class and said it was because he wanted to dance, not because of candy. So I figured what the heck and let him try the class. Miss Lisa had an extra pair of taps for him and he really seemed to enjoy the tap part. He was a bit lost throughout the class since the girls have already had 1+ years of dance. He did manage to follow directions well and only seemed to annoy a couple of the girls while standing in line. I know his behavior was at his best since Miss Lisa didn't walk out mumbling something about 4 year old boys being banned from the studio. I don't see this as a long future for him, but I could be wrong. We'll see what happens next year when soccer sign up comes around again :)

1 comment:

Watson Family said...

I'd dance for candy too! :)