Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The current focus of destruction.

Well, we moved from flooding the bathroom on a consistant basis (although it's happening more again lately) to the destruction of the garage door. Rewinding to a few months ago... Ryan felt it would be a fun thing to ride the garage door as it opened, resulting in a very broken door and a fairly expensive repair bill. Fast foward to a couple weeks ago....Nathan (who has been told pretty much every day since then NOT to hang on the door) decided that the warning only applies to when my eyes are watching him, for he too felt the need to go for a ride on the door. One more call to the garage door repair man, who took pity on me and charged the least amount of hourly labor he was allowed to charge...$95.00 per hour. Fast forward again to 30 minutes ago, granted it is once again my own fault for putting my eyes somewhere other than directly on Nathan, the garage door is once again in disrepair. The black weather strip tubing at the bottom of the door must have been just calling out to him to be yanked, pulled, pushed (but most likely hung on) and is now dangling from the middle of the door. Thankfully, it is a repair that while time consuming and a bit tiring on the arms, I was able to do myself. The day isn't over yet so who knows what else is to come. I'm still smiling...I think.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Thanks for fixing up the garage door, sweetie. You're awesome!

I'm starting to wonder if we even need a garage door. ;-)