Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Tea Set

In September Grammy picked up a little tea set for Kessa while we were in California. I tried to keep it up and out of sight for a while because it's ceramic and my children are not known for being gentle with anything even remotely fragile. This weekend it was discovered again and they have all been having tea parties (even the big boys) with Kessa. The house was filled with the sounds of me hollering out "BE CAREFUL WITH THAT!!!" when the clinking and clanking of the little cups and saucers became more than just background noise. They all seemed to have fun and enjoyed the make believe. Night came and the boys all went to bed, but not Kessa....she took a late nap and was not about to lay down and since she was playing quietly I figured it wouldn't hurt. She sat down right beside my chair and once again had the teapot filled with water. I got a kick out of listening to her....."Dear God, thank you for this water.......(looks up at me) Mom, I don't have any food.....Amen." She is now sleeping peacefully in her bed with her Mermaid, Princess, and Bear blankets and the tea set in it's basket right next to her pillow.

No comments: